Mr Tehrani is a Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Mohs surgeon and is the founder and Lead Clinician for the Mersey Supraregional Centre for Mohs Surgery. Having completed a 2 year research degree in Basal Cell Carcinoma, Mr Tehrani went on to specialise in skin cancer management. He trained in Mohs Micrographic Surgery to become the first Plastic Surgeon in the UK to be trained in both Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and Mohs Surgery, and has dedicated his career to helping treat people with skin cancer.
- Medical school - Guy's & St.Thomas's Hospitals, London
- Surgical training - extensive surgical training at a number of prestigious hospitals, including Cambridge, St Barts in London, the Royal London, and Liverpool
- Completed training in Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic surgery (and on the GMC specialist register for Plastic Surgery)
- Mohs Surgery training - University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
- Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Mohs Surgeon, Whiston & St Helens hospitals, Liverpool
- Founder and Lead clinician for the Mersey Supraregional Centre for Mohs Surgery
- Senior trainer of surgeons in Plastic Surgery and Mohs Surgery, both Nationally and Internationally
- Senior trainer for the Royal College of Surgeons facial reconstruction course
- Specialist skin group member and Mohs surgery adviser for the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- Adviser to the UK group for Guidelines on Mohs Surgery Standards
- Adviser to the UK group on Skin Cancer Diagnostics
- Core member, Mersey & Cheshire Specialist Skin Multidisciplinary Team
- MD higher degree on imaging and diagnosis of Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Over 50 publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Presentation of skin cancer research work at both National and International Conferences
- Research & Audit lead clinician for Whiston Hospital Plastic Surgery Department
- Senior adviser to researchers undertaking higher degrees in skin cancer research
Mr Tehrani's Practice Philosophy
Mr Tehrani has dedicated his career to the management of skin cancer, and has developed his skills to extend the boundaries of care offered to patients. To become an expert in skin cancer diagnosis, he undertook a 2 year research degree and furthered his findings to become an Internationally recognised name in Basal Cell Carcinoma imaging. Having completed extensive training in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Mr Tehrani then trained in Mohs Micrographic Surgery. This made him the first Plastic Surgeon in the UK to be trained in Mohs Surgery, and allows him to offer a 'Gold Standard' combination of Mohs Surgery for tumour removal, followed by Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery to give optimal reconstructive results. His reputation has rapidly spread and led to him regularly receiving referrals for skin cancer management, in particular for complex Basal Cell Carcinoma, from across the north-west of England and north Wales primarily, but also from across the UK and abroad. Patients are often referred from other Plastic surgeons, Dermatologists, Maxillofacial surgeons, ENT surgeons and GPs.
Mr Tehrani fully understands the stresses involved of having surgery, and both he and his highly-trained team will always strive to provide optimal care in a relaxing atmosphere. Whilst Mr Tehrani receives a large number of referrals for complex skin cancer management, he is also regularly asked to treat patients with less complex tumours that are striving for optimal results.
Although Mr Tehrani specialises in Mohs surgery and reconstruction, there may often be more than one suitable treatment method available. Mr Tehrani will fully discuss the options and aim to tailor treatments to each individual. If other treatments may be more suitable (such as radiotherapy), Mr Tehrani will be happy to arrange a consultation with one of his colleagues with specialist expertise in that particular field.